Anatoliy Golitsyn was an ex-KGB officer who spent 15 years in Soviet intelligence work, which put him in contact with high-ranking Soviet officials. He defected to the West in 1961. Golitsyn wrote two books that outline in painstaking detail the Soviet’s “grand strategy” against the West and the non-communist Third World: New Lies for Old (1984) and The Perestroika Deception (1995).
What makes Anatoliy Golitsyn stand out is the uncanny accuracy of his predictions. Mark Riebling wrote in his spy book Wedge: The Secret War between the FBI and the CIA, “[O]f Golitsyn’s falsifiable predictions, 139 out of 148 were fulfilled by the end of 1993—an accuracy rate of 94 percent.”
Further warnings Golitsyn tried to impart to the West in the 1960s included his predictions that the Berlin Wall would come down, East and West Germany would be reunited, and the Warsaw Pact would be dissolved. The goal of all these tactics was to create a “neutral, socialized Europe.” All of these predictions have come to pass. We now see a “neutral, socialized Europe” in the form of the European Union (EU). Soviet dissident Vladimir Bukovsky once referred to the EU as the “pale version of the Soviet Union.”
One of the most important revelations by Golitsyn had to do with the Sino-Soviet split. For many years there has been a widely accepted belief in the West that there was a serious rift between Red China and the Soviet Union. The goal of this deception was to promote the idea of an “ideological” split between Moscow and Beijing so that the West will “play the China card”; that is, blindly rush in and build China into an industrial and technological giant to counter the USSR.
In 2018 Russia and China had the largest cooperative war games ever. Xi has even referred to Russian president Vladmir Putin as his “best friend”. This just goes to show Golitsyn was absolutely right about the split being false. It is no accident the leader of Russia is a “former” KGB agent.
Another KGB defector, Jan Sejna attended KGB General Mironov’s subcommittee. At the meeting they recommended the following long-range deception operations, requiring the accomplishment of several tasks to subvert and disarm the west physically and mentally:
(1) Penetrate the intelligence services of the West with “moles”; Convince Western intelligence services of the authenticity of fake intelligence offered by “dangles” and thereby gain promotions for “purveyors of a false disarming narrative” by penetration agents who will inevitably become the leading figures in Western intelligence;
(3) while taking control of the intelligence game on the ground, promote the idea that “ideology is dead” in the communist bloc;
(4) promote the idea of an “ideological” split between Moscow and Beijing so that the West will “play the China card”; that is, blindly rush in and build China into an industrial and technological giant to counter the USSR;
(5) promote fake dissident groups and dissident celebrities in the Soviet Union and its satellites;
(6) establish controlled opposition movements in bloc countries;
(7) prepare to organize, through agents in the dissident movements, anti-communist revolutions throughout bloc
(8) promote the idea that a future Soviet leader is, in fact, a “liberal reformer”;
(9) break up the Warsaw Pact and collapse the Soviet Union in a “controlled” fashion;
(10) groom stealth communists as candidates for high office in America and Western Europe. These would present themselves as “moderates,” but would operate as “penetration” agents dedicated to facilitating critical aspects of the strategy; namely, economic sabotage and reduction or diversion of U.S. military resources.
Even Russian leadership talked about this deception, heres an excerpt from Gorbachav’s speech below:
GORBACHEV’s speech at the 70th anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution (1987): “Gentlemen, comrades, do not be concerned about all you hear about Glasnost and Perestroika and democracy in the coming years. These are primarily for outward consumption. There will be no significant internal changes in the Soviet Union, other than for cosmetic purposes. Our purpose is to disarm the Americans and let them fall asleep. We want to accomplish three things: One, we want the Americans to withdraw conventional forces from Europe. Two, we want them to withdraw nuclear forces from Europe. Three, we want the Americans to stop proceeding with Strategic Defense Initiative.”